CALL FOR PROPOSALS
THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
Present at the UNITED Conference
Thank you for your interest in submitting a proposal for the UNITED Annual School Leaders Conference to be held July 15 – 17, 2024 in Nashville, TN!
We are excited to announce a groundbreaking conference that will redefine the way we approach educational leadership. In an era of transformation, where the landscape of education is rapidly evolving, it’s essential for primary and secondary school leaders to come together, share insights, and collaborate on shaping the future of our educational institutions.
Our upcoming conference is not just any conference; it’s a unified experience that bridges the gap between primary and secondary school leadership. By bringing both sectors together under one roof, we aim to create a platform where educators from all levels can learn from each other, collaborate on solutions, and collectively work towards improving our schools. From peer learning opportunities to interactive experiences, you’ll dive into the challenges and opportunities of leading a school, with a specific focus on creating meaningful connections, amplifying your voices, taking action to strengthen our schools, and elevating our profession.
Important Details and Considerations
Some ideas to make your proposal shine:
- Be Innovative: What is new, needed, and forward thinking in your area?
- Be Inclusive: Recognize diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Be Inspirational: Being a leader is hard! Share information and experiences in a way that lights a fire and ignites the work of our leaders.
- Be Engaging: Just like students, adults learn in different ways. Model best instructional practices in your presentation.
- Focus on the Audience: The UNITED audience is very specific…building leaders! Focus your information on what this specific audience needs and can apply in their role.
- Share Your Story: It is not just about sharing information. Share your connection to the information, why what your sharing is personal, and how building leaders can connect to the learning as well.
Please read before submitting your proposal:
- No more than two proposals may be submitted by one person.
- Sessions will be scheduled Monday, July 15, Tuesday, July 16, or Wednesday, July 17.
- Submit your proposal to NAESP if your intended audience encompasses school leaders representing the grade level ranges of Pre-K-8 (elementary-middle grades). Submit your proposal to NASSP if your intended audience encompasses school leaders representing the grade level range of 6-12 (middle grades-high school).
- Sales pitches for products or services disguised as proposals will not be evaluated. Content perceived as commercial is not acceptable.
- NAESP & NASSP requests permission to rebroadcast speaker images and printed materials in connection with the 2024 conference.
- Presenters maintain presentation content copyrights and will be asked to complete the mandatory “Terms and Conditions” in the submission portal.
- All accepted presentations must adhere to the established deadlines.
- Presenters will receive a moderately discounted registration to the event.
- Travel expenses and any additional fees are the responsibility of the presenter and copresenter(s).
- There may be future opportunities for select presenters to continue their engagement with NAESP or NASSP throughout the 2024-2025 school year through professional learning and network programming based on member interest.
Call for Proposals Timeline
|Call for Proposals Portal Opens||October 2023|
|Call for Proposals Portal Closes||December 8, 2023|
|Proposal Status Notifications Sent||Early February 2024|
|NASSP Presenter Agreements Due||February 28, 2024|
|Presenter Conference Registration Deadline||March 15, 2024|
|In-Person Conference Dates||July 15 – 17, 2024|
CONNECTED AND UNITED
Sign up to stay on top of the latest conference news.
This is the capture for all of the sign-ups for updates until the meeting starts.